Thursday, January 29, 2015

Does copy trading work? - My journey begins







It has been weeks since I updated this blog and I started worrying that some may think that I have abandoned this blog completely.  Well! That is not the case, between the holidays and schools opening...one had to juggle and race against time all in one.

The main reason though that I took so long to blog is because I was testing several traders on my demo account, to make sure that they are worth investing on.  I also had to dig deeper to find traders that fit my profile as discussed on my previous post titled: How to do copy trading successfully

I also do my own trading because my inquisitive mind cannot just sit back while the master traders are having all the fun:)

I have decided to attach my progress chart for this week just so one can see that I am not making up the stats.  I don't believe in flaunting statements on my blog as I believe that one's earnings are their private business....it is good that Etoro  allows me to just show the percentage earnings instead.

So far I have found two popular investors (master traders) that fit my copying criteria..however I chose to go with Investor A (this is how I will call him from hereon) purely because his trading fits my objectives (Intra-day trader)

As you can see, my investment with him has earned me 3,6% for this week.  The figure could have been much higher (actually his copiers achieved 3 times this percentage), however, being the anxious person that I can be sometimes I decided to manually close the trades as soon as I saw decent profits.

This has short changed me somehow so my next goal is to work on my trust issues and let the investor do his own thing while I'm busy trading on my other account.

On the other hand this is a strong point because one can manually manage their  copied trades, you can change your stop losses and take profit levels, close the trade anytime you want to etc.

That is all for this week...I will blog again to keep you updated on how this venture is going.

Start copy trading today and also contact me for a list of my best performing traders!

No comments:

Post a Comment